Time: 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. for all dates
- Saturday, May 17
- Monday, June 23
- Monday, July 21
- Monday, August 18
Are you a 5th grader who likes to read and likes to compete? Then do we have a great program for you. Battle of the Books! Any 5th grader who lives in Romeo, Washington or Bruce or attends Romeo Community Schools may get together a team and an adult leader and sign up. Teams size will be determined in September.
- Team leaders sign up the individuals on each team and their team name.
- A reading list is given along with books for the team.
- Teams are encouraged, but not required, to use the library to meet periodically throughout the winter/spring.
- The battle will commence with random questions pulled from the books. Answers are in title/author form. The types of questions will be: A direct quote from a character; A question or statement about something that happens in a book; A passage taken directly from a book; A question about something from an illustration or picture.
- Example: A direct quote from one of the characters. Question – “I think we have to get out of here.” Answer – Doll Bones by Holly Black.
- Prizes for each 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
Adult leader meeting is scheduled for November 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm at the Graubner Library.
Battle of the Books competition is scheduled for May 30, 2015.
More information to come in September.
Registration begins on Tuesday, September 3rd. You can stop by the children’s desk or call us at 752-0603 opt. 5. Local residents have priority.
Toddler Time – for ages 2 – 3 with caregiver. Join us for stories, poetry, movement, songs and crafts.
Tuesdays – 10:00 am – 10:20 am or Wednesdays – 10:15 am – 10:35 am
Preschool Storytime – for ages 3 1/2 – 5 years. Join us for stories, poetry, movement, songs and crafts. We will learn to line up nicely, raise our hands and other mechanics of the classroom. Must be 3 1/2 years as of the first class. Must be able to go in without caregiver.
Tuesdays – 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm or Wednesdays – 9:30 am – 10:00 am
Remember, registration is required!