REGISTRATION FOR BATTLE OF THE BOOKS EXTENDED UNTIL JANUARY 20TH, 2015! A LEADER MEETING FOR NEW TEAMS WILL BE AT 6:00 PM AT KEZAR ON JANUARY 20TH.
Are you a 5th grader who likes to read and likes to compete? Then do we have a great program for you. Battle of the Books! Any 5th grader who lives in Romeo, Washington or Bruce or attends Romeo Community Schools may get together a team and an adult leader and sign up. Teams size will be determined in September.
- Team leaders sign up the individuals on each team and their team name. Teams are comprised of 3 – 5 fifth graders.
- The four books in the battle will be given to the team leader.
- Teams are encouraged, but not required, to use the library to meet periodically throughout the winter/spring. Don’t forget that the Kezar Library has two group study rooms!
- The battle will commence with random questions pulled from the books. Answers are in title/author form. The types of questions will be: A direct quote from a character; A question or statement about something that happens in a book; A passage taken directly from a book; A question about something from an illustration or picture.
- Example: A direct quote from one of the characters. Question – “I think we have to get out of here.” Answer – Doll Bones by Holly Black.
- Prizes for each 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
Adult leader meeting is scheduled for November 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm at the Graubner Library.
Battle of the Books competition is scheduled for May 30, 2015.