The ins and outs of the summer reading club.
Extra fun stuff to do during the summer reading club – Family Battle of the Books.
The Books for the Family Battle.
Tied for 1st place – Book Bombers and the Voracious Romeo Readers. Coming in 3rd place – Amanda Moore Bulldogs.
Unlimited possibilities @ your library! We are bookending National Library Week (April 12 – 18) with two great programs:
April 11, from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Kiwanis One Day, crafts and snacks. It’s the 5th annual Romeo Area Kiwanis service project. Crafts for all ages and plenty to pick from.
April 19, 2:30 pm
Pokémon swap and share. Bring your cards to swap and to just show off your collection.
April 22 @ 10:00 am – Earth Day Storytime and craft.
Come join us for the 45th anniversary of Earth Day! Fun for kids of all ages.
Look at our little storytime trick-or-treaters!
Are you a 5th grader who likes to read and likes to compete? Then do we have a great program for you. Battle of the Books! Any 5th grader who lives in Romeo, Washington or Bruce or attends Romeo Community Schools may get together a team and an adult leader and sign up. Teams size will be determined in September.
- Team leaders sign up the individuals on each team and their team name. Teams are comprised of 3 – 5 fifth graders.
- The four books in the battle will be given to the team leader.
- Teams are encouraged, but not required, to use the library to meet periodically throughout the winter/spring. Don’t forget that the Kezar Library has two group study rooms!
- The battle will commence with random questions pulled from the books. Answers are in title/author form. The types of questions will be: A direct quote from a character; A question or statement about something that happens in a book; A passage taken directly from a book; A question about something from an illustration or picture.
- Example: A direct quote from one of the characters. Question – “I think we have to get out of here.” Answer – Doll Bones by Holly Black.
- Prizes for each member of the 1st place team, all participants will receive a conciliation prize.
Adult leader meeting is scheduled for November 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm at the Graubner Library.
Battle of the Books competition is scheduled for May 30, 2015.
Battle of the Books – Coaching Tips/Resposibilities
Battle of the Books – Battle Rules
Thanks to the Washington Lions Club, Macomb Literacy Partners and Macomb Family Services, Rosco came to Graubner. Preschoolers were entertained with a magic show chock full of reading and literacy.