Are you a 5th grader who likes to read and likes to compete? Then do we have a great program for you. Battle of the Books! Any 5th grader who lives in Romeo, Washington or Bruce or attends Romeo Community Schools may get together a team and an adult leader and sign up. Teams size will be determined in September.
- Team leaders sign up the individuals on each team and their team name. Teams are comprised of 3 – 5 fifth graders.
- The four books in the battle will be given to the team leader.
- Teams are encouraged, but not required, to use the library to meet periodically throughout the winter/spring. Don’t forget that the Kezar Library has two group study rooms!
- The battle will commence with random questions pulled from the books. Answers are in title/author form. The types of questions will be: A direct quote from a character; A question or statement about something that happens in a book; A passage taken directly from a book; A question about something from an illustration or picture.
- Example: A direct quote from one of the characters. Question – “I think we have to get out of here.” Answer – Doll Bones by Holly Black.
- Prizes for each 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
Adult leader meeting is scheduled for November 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm at the Graubner Library.
Battle of the Books competition is scheduled for May 30, 2015.
Battle of the Books – Coaching Tips/Resposibilities
Thanks to the Washington Lions Club, Macomb Literacy Partners and Macomb Family Services, Rosco came to Graubner. Preschoolers were entertained with a magic show chock full of reading and literacy.
Join us on April 5th at 2:00 p.m. for crafting fun. The Romeo Area Kiwanis will be hosting their One Day service project. There will be crafts for all ages and snacks too.
Stop by on Saturday, March 22 at 2:30 for a great movie afternoon. Picnic seating will be available so bring your blankets and your pillow. Bring a lunch and we will provide popcorn, beverages and candy.
Great for little kids and elementary school children for educational purposes. Give it a try! We are also updating our homework help link on the sidebar to reflect this new information.
Look how cute our storytime classes are!
Registration begins on Tuesday, September 3rd. You can stop by the children’s desk or call us at 752-0603 opt. 5. Local residents have priority.
Toddler Time – for ages 2 – 3 with caregiver. Join us for stories, poetry, movement, songs and crafts.
Tuesdays – 10:00 am – 10:20 am or Wednesdays – 10:15 am – 10:35 am
Preschool Storytime – for ages 3 1/2 – 5 years. Join us for stories, poetry, movement, songs and crafts. We will learn to line up nicely, raise our hands and other mechanics of the classroom. Must be 3 1/2 years as of the first class. Must be able to go in without caregiver.
Tuesdays – 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm or Wednesdays – 9:30 am – 10:00 am
Remember, registration is required!
Monday, August 19, 2013 – 2:00 Pokémon
Tuesday, August 20, 2013 – 2:00 Superhero storytime with craft
Thursday, August 22, 2013 – 2:00 Superhero craft and movie day
We have a great summer planned. We start out with The Dome, great shows for the whole family. List of shows to be announced so stay tuned.
Thrilling Thursdays !
Pokemon Swap and Share!
And don’t forget to read this summer and stop by for your prizes. You can check out our online calendar here.